[NatureNS] Tufted Duck- Pictou Landing Jan 13

From: Ken McKenna <kenmcken@eastlink.ca>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 19:25:56 -0400
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>,

Hi all
This afternoon, Jan 13, I found an adult male Tufted Duck in a group of mostly Lesser Scaup ( I think) at the Big Gut bridge area at south end of Pictou Landing. The tufted was easily picked out with the white sides and black back and nice long head tuft . If it stays in the area, it is probably can be safely viewed from the Hidden Cove Dr. about 100 m beyond the bridge.
Birds seen at this stop and distant photo of the Tufted Duck can be found  in my ebird posting. http://ebird.org/ebird/canada/view/checklist?subID=S26878884

 Cheers
Ken McKenna
Plymouth , Pictou Co.