[NatureNS] strange large grub on snow to ID

From: Donna Crossland <dcrossland@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 13:54:26 -0400

Now that I've read that the Yellow Underwing moth is yet another new invasive species introduction, I will retract my advice to put the collected larvae back outside.

It just resends the message that if something looks very strange/out of the ordinary, and never observed before, one should automatically question whether it is a relatively new arrival, and whether some new ecological concerns may be associated with the new species.
Interesting.

Donna Crossland