[NatureNS] Public consultation re use of pesticide Atrazine in

From: John and Nhung <nhungjohn@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2016 12:36:18 -0400

    might want to send them some feedback.&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;=C2=A0&lt;a href

------=_NextPart_000_0073_01D15F48.A5900C20

I think we need a cultural shift, where the burden of proof should be on pr=
oponents to show that a potentially harmful activity or product causes no h=
arm.  Too often, now, those affected are expected to produce evidence to pr=
ove said harm, and that is usually unfair.

100% incontrovertible proof is almost always a theoretical construct, and =
=E2=80=9CNo evidence=E2=80=9D of a phenomenon has far too often been twiste=
d to imply that the phenomenon doesn=E2=80=99t exist.

Really, all =E2=80=9CNo evidence=E2=80=9D means is, =E2=80=9CNo convincing =
proof, so we don=E2=80=99t know for sure.=E2=80=9D

As Donnie Rumsfeld saif, =E2=80=9CThe absence of evidence is not evidence o=
f absence.=E2=80=9D