[NatureNS] Public consultation re use of pesticide... GMO crops and loss of weedy species

Received-SPF: pass (kirk.glinx.com: authenticated connection) receiver=kirk.glinx.com; client-ip=24.224.157.232; helo=D58WQPH1; envelope-from=dwebster@glinx.com; x-software=spfmilter 2.001 http://www.acme.com/software/spfmilter/ with libspf2-1.2.10;
From: "David & Alison Webster" <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2016 13:42:48 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_037E_01D15F51.EF31C0E0

Hi David P. & All                        Feb 4, 2016
`    I don't know how much or in what era you have farmed but the =
pre-herbicide days were very different.=20
    A huge bank of weed seed and we were always two weeks too late, =
largely because weed control took an enormous amount of time and effort. =
Farming without herbicides now, on soils with a depleted seed bank is a =
piece of cake compared to the 'good old days' of trying to find inch =
high carrots in foot high pigweeds. Hobby farmers had no  problem. They =
could afford to fallow till until the seed bank was depleted.=20
Yt. DW. Kentville
  ----- Original Message -----=20