[NatureNS] RE: Mother Canada

From: Stephen Shaw <srshaw@Dal.Ca>
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2016 21:00:35 +0000

&lt;b&gt;On Behalf Of &lt;/b&gt;darrell@abolitphotos.ca&lt;br&gt;&lt;b&gt;Sent:&lt;/b&gt; Fri
Great idea about the swifts.
If that doesn't work, perhaps this could be re-engineered underground, like the now much admired Vietnam War Memorial in Washington?  Even better, mounted deep under sea water, perhaps in the Bedford Basin, assembly site for convoys to Europe in WWII?  It would then fittingly commemorate particularly all those many lost at sea in both world wars, by embracing the same medium.
Some may not know that there already exists a tasteful, unobtrusive engraved stone plaque as a tribute to those lost in war, placed on a bluff overlooking the sea not far from Green Cove on the Cabot Trail -- saw it last year, forget the exact location.  Its modest size and sober appearance seemed entirely appropriate at that site, didn't spoil the location or the views, and didn't invite associated commercial activity.
Steve