[NatureNS] re no-go! for Never Forgotten Mother Canada Memorial

From: John and Nhung <nhungjohn@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2016 10:45:15 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01D16194.A0F0BA40

------=_NextPart_001_0005_01D16194.A0F0BA40

The limits to freedom of speech by public employees deserves a debate of it=
own.  However, I am really happy with how such folks (and their nearest and=

dearest) are opening up publicly since Oct. 19.

I speculate that Tony Turner (he of =93Harperman=94 fame) felt a collision
happen between his professional =93ethics=94 and his personal ethics and fe=
lt
obliged to listen to his still, small voice.  Good for him, to put it
mildly.

Sometimes in the course of work, we run into issues where discretion is
usually the better part of valour, and others where we have to decide
whether a difficult  choice amounts to laudable whistle-blowing or less
laudable trouble-making.  The definitive text hasn=92t been written on that=
,
yet, and probably never will be.  Each of us needs omniscience to know what=

to do, every time.

As an example, I have the feeling that Edgar Snowden was a well-intentioned=
,
na=EFve whistle-blower (who still went too far, under the circumstances), b=
ut
that Julian Assange has been a less laudable deliberate trouble-maker.

Here endeth the philosophical rambling, for now!