[NatureNS] two trees to buy a pizza or would we rather a car with the same two trees?

Received-SPF: pass (kirk.glinx.com: authenticated connection) receiver=kirk.glinx.com; client-ip=24.224.157.232; helo=D58WQPH1; envelope-from=dwebster@glinx.com; x-software=spfmilter 2.001 http://www.acme.com/software/spfmilter/ with libspf2-1.2.10;
From: "David & Alison Webster" <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2016 14:05:57 -0400

	MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Tahoma","sans-serif"; FONT-SIZE

------=_NextPart_000_0236_01D16279.D5F03870

Hi John & All,
    Any deep-rooted plant will move nutrients to the surface if that is =
what you mean. Grasses are in general better than trees because their =
fine roots can penetrate the pores of rigid soils not accessible to tree =
roots. This is why Agropyron repens (Couch) is such a vigorous weed. And =
why the fertility of Prairie soil is immense.
Yt, DW

  ----- Original Message -----=20