[NatureNS] what sounds similar to Carolina Wren

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2016 14:53:17 -0400
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--001a113f38f8d90051052c4c3b31

I was also going to suggest Cardinal, as the ones in our yard (Port
Williams) and the ones I saw in Lr.Sackville have started to sing. But as
was already mentioned, Carolina wrens can rarely occur in NS, and some have
been singing, in winter.

Richard

On Sun, Feb 21, 2016 at 2:46 PM, NancyDowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Keith
>
> Actually I am hearing this bird in E Dalhousie, Kings Co not Bridgewater.
> So definitely not on your travelling route. We did not hear it again when
> out this afternoon but will take binos and phone along early tomorrow
> morning, its usual singing time, and hope for better luck.
>
> Nancy
> On 2016-02-21, at 9:25 AM, Keith Lowe <mythos25@live.com> wrote:
>
> > Baltimore Orioles can sound pretty similar. But Carolina Wren is not ou=
> of the question either. We don't have them on the winter bird list yet th=
is
> year but we have had them 7 out of the last 9 winters and they have been =
on
> the DoWL (sighted in February) on 6 of the last 9 years.
> >
> > I=E2=80=99m actually heading towards the south shore in a few minutes ,=
 if it
> appears again, can you let know if there is a public area I might be able
> to hear or see it . Good luck getting further observations/recording.
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> > Keith Lowe
> >
> > Sent from Outlook Mail for Windows 10 phone

--=20
#################
Dr.R.B.Stern,
P.O. Box 300,
Port Williams,
N.S., Canada,
B0P 1T0
Richard Stern,
Port Williams, NS, Canada
sternrichard@gmail.com
###################

--001a113f38f8d90051052c4c3b31

our yard (Port Williams) and the ones I saw in Lr.Sackville have started to=
 sing. But as was already mentioned, Carolina wrens can rarely occur in NS,=
class=3D"gmail_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Sun, Feb 21, 2016 a=
t 2:46 PM, NancyDowd <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:nancypdowd@gma=
ockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #=
ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Hi Keith<br>
Actually I am hearing this bird in E Dalhousie, Kings Co not Bridgewater. S=
o definitely not on your travelling route. We did not hear it again when ou=
t this afternoon but will take binos and phone along early tomorrow morning=
, its usual singing time, and hope for better luck.<br>
Nancy<br>
we &lt;mythos25@live.com&gt; wrote=
:<br>
&gt; Baltimore Orioles can sound pretty similar. But Carolina Wren is not o=
ut of the question either. We don&#39;t have them on the winter bird list y=
et this year but we have had them 7 out of the last 9 winters and they have=
 been on the DoWL (sighted in February) on 6 of the last 9 years.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I=E2=80=99m actually heading towards the south shore in a few minutes =
, if it appears again, can you let know if there is a public area I might b=
e able to hear or see it . Good luck getting further observations/recording=
.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Thanks<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Keith Lowe<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Sent from Outlook Mail for Windows 10 phone<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; From: NancyDowd<br>
&gt; Sent: February 21, 2016 8:45 AM<br>
&gt; To: <a href=3D"mailto:naturens@chebucto.ns.ca">naturens@chebucto.ns.ca=
</a><br>
&gt; Subject: [NatureNS] what sounds similar to Carolina Wren<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; For the last couple of weeks I have heard a bird calling in the woods,=
 usually early in the morning, that I cannot place. To me it sounds like a =
Carolina Wren song &quot;tea-kettle, tea-kettle, tea kettle&quot; but is mo=
st likely not. It doesn&#39;t sound like any of the Cardinal vocalizations =
I am used to hearing around Bridgewater. Any suggestions?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I will try to get a recording.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Nancy D<br>
&gt; E Dalhousie, Kings Co.<br>
=3D"gmail_signature">#################<br>Dr.R.B.Stern,=C2=A0=C2=A0 <br>P.O=

--001a113f38f8d90051052c4c3b31--