[NatureNS] what sounds similar to Carolina Wren

From: James Churchill <jameslchurchill@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2016 21:43:20 -0400
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--001a114388c4555312052c51f6d6

...Ruby-crowned Kinglet might be another suspect...a more hyper
'tea-kettle' than a Cardinal...

--
James Churchill
Kentville, Nova Scotia

--001a114388c4555312052c51f6d6

hyper &#39;tea-kettle&#39; than a Cardinal...<div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br=
n dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:nancypdowd@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank"=
uote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1e=
x">Yes. I imagine it will turn out to be a Cardinal although I never see th=
em at my feeder here (E Dalhousie, Kings Co). I also think of them more as =
town birds (at least in NS thus far) rather than being out in the woods. Bu=
t they are versatile, I know. Do others see them at feeders in remote locat=
ions?<br>
Nancy<br>
On 2016-02-21, at 2:06 PM, James Churchill &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:jameslchur=
chill@gmail.com">jameslchurchill@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; Nancy,<br>
&gt; Cardinals also have a repeated &#39;Tea-kettle&#39; song type which I =
do not hear as frequently as other types; it is reminiscent of a Carolina W=
ren.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; James<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; On Sunday, 21 February 2016, John Kearney &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:john.k=
earney@ns.sympatico.ca">john.kearney@ns.sympatico.ca</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; Hi Nancy,<br>
&gt; There can also be a similarity of pattern in the calls of Carolina Wre=
n and<br>
&gt; Tufted Titmouse. Although there is only one Nova Scotia record for Tuf=
ted<br>
&gt; Titmouse, their population has been moving northward.<br>
&gt; Good luck in solving this mystery,<br>
&gt; John<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; -----Original Message-----<br>
&gt; From: <a href=3D"mailto:naturens-owner@chebucto.ns.ca">naturens-owner@=
chebucto.ns.ca</a> [mailto:<a href=3D"mailto:naturens-owner@chebucto.ns.ca"=
>naturens-owner@chebucto.ns.ca</a>]<br>
&gt; On Behalf Of NancyDowd<br>
&gt; Sent: February-21-16 08:41<br>
&gt; To: <a href=3D"mailto:naturens@chebucto.ns.ca">naturens@chebucto.ns.ca=
</a><br>
&gt; Subject: [NatureNS] what sounds similar to Carolina Wren<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; For the last couple of weeks I have heard a bird calling in the woods,=
&gt; usually early in the morning, that I cannot place. To me it sounds lik=
e a<br>
&gt; Carolina Wren song &quot;tea-kettle, tea-kettle, tea kettle&quot; but =
is most likely<br>
&gt; not. It doesn&#39;t sound like any of the Cardinal vocalizations I am =
used to<br>
&gt; hearing around Bridgewater. Any suggestions?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I will try to get a recording.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Nancy D<br>
&gt; E Dalhousie, Kings Co.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; --<br>
&gt; Sent from Gmail Mobile.<br>
es Churchill<br>Kentville, Nova Scotia<br><a href=3D"mailto:jameslchurchill=

--001a114388c4555312052c51f6d6--