[NatureNS] what sounds similar to Carolina Wren

Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 06:13:52 -0400
From: James Churchill <jameslchurchill@gmail.com>
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

&amp;gt; Subject: [NatureNS] what sounds similar to Carolina Wren&l
--001a11424060f170b8052c59167e

I agree, Ruby-crowned would be a remote possibility...an over-wintering
bird singing on a warm winter day. Not a bird that would likely be singing
for 'the last couple of weeks' as Nancy describes.
James

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile.

--001a11424060f170b8052c59167e

I agree,=C2=A0Ruby-crowned would be a remote possibility...an over-winterin=
g bird singing on a warm winter day. Not a bird that would likely be singin=
g for &#39;the last=C2=A0couple of weeks&#39; as Nancy describes.=C2=A0<div=
a href=3D"mailto:sternrichard@gmail.com">sternrichard@gmail.com</a>&gt; wro=
te:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-=
left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Ruby - crowned wouldn&#39;t be singin=
g yet would it, even if any had returned on migration? I would think that e=
ven a Carolina wren would be more.likely in NS in mid- Feb.<br><br>On Sunda=
y, 21 February 2016, James Churchill &lt;<a href=3D"javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#=
39;cvml&#39;,&#39;jameslchurchill@gmail.com&#39;);" target=3D"_blank">james=
lchurchill@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" st=
yle=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div =
dir=3D"ltr">...Ruby-crowned Kinglet might be another suspect...a more hyper=
 &#39;tea-kettle&#39; than a Cardinal...<div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br><div=
 class=3D"gmail_quote">On Sun, Feb 21, 2016 at 2:51 PM, NancyDowd <span dir=
lass=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;=
padding-left:1ex">Yes. I imagine it will turn out to be a Cardinal although=
 I never see them at my feeder here (E Dalhousie, Kings Co). I also think o=
f them more as town birds (at least in NS thus far) rather than being out i=
n the woods. But they are versatile, I know. Do others see them at feeders =
in remote locations?<br>
Nancy<br>
On 2016-02-21, at 2:06 PM, James Churchill &lt;<a>jameslchurchill@gmail.com=
</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; Nancy,<br>
&gt; Cardinals also have a repeated &#39;Tea-kettle&#39; song type which I =
do not hear as frequently as other types; it is reminiscent of a Carolina W=
ren.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; James<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; On Sunday, 21 February 2016, John Kearney &lt;<a>john.kearney@ns.sympa=
tico.ca</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; Hi Nancy,<br>
&gt; There can also be a similarity of pattern in the calls of Carolina Wre=
n and<br>
&gt; Tufted Titmouse. Although there is only one Nova Scotia record for Tuf=
ted<br>
&gt; Titmouse, their population has been moving northward.<br>
&gt; Good luck in solving this mystery,<br>
&gt; John<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; -----Original Message-----<br>
hebucto.ns.ca</a>]<br>