[NatureNS] what sounds similar to Carolina Wren

Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2016 22:01:47 -0400
From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--001a114217e41ce733052c5237ea

Ruby - crowned wouldn't be singing yet would it, even if any had returned
on migration? I would think that even a Carolina wren would be more.likely
in NS in mid- Feb.

On Sunday, 21 February 2016, James Churchill <jameslchurchill@gmail.com>
wrote:

> ...Ruby-crowned Kinglet might be another suspect...a more hyper
> 'tea-kettle' than a Cardinal...
>
> On Sun, Feb 21, 2016 at 2:51 PM, NancyDowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','nancypdowd@gmail.com');>> wrote:
>
>> Yes. I imagine it will turn out to be a Cardinal although I never see
>> them at my feeder here (E Dalhousie, Kings Co). I also think of them more
>> as town birds (at least in NS thus far) rather than being out in the woods.
>> But they are versatile, I know. Do others see them at feeders in remote
>> locations?
>>
>> Nancy
>> On 2016-02-21, at 2:06 PM, James Churchill <jameslchurchill@gmail.com
>> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','jameslchurchill@gmail.com');>> wrote:
>>
>> > Nancy,
>> > Cardinals also have a repeated 'Tea-kettle' song type which I do not
>> hear as frequently as other types; it is reminiscent of a Carolina Wren.
>> >
>> > James
>> >
>> > On Sunday, 21 February 2016, John Kearney <john.kearney@ns.sympatico.ca
>> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','john.kearney@ns.sympatico.ca');>> wrote:
>> > Hi Nancy,
>> > There can also be a similarity of pattern in the calls of Carolina Wren
>> and
>> > Tufted Titmouse. Although there is only one Nova Scotia record for
>> Tufted
>> > Titmouse, their population has been moving northward.
>> > Good luck in solving this mystery,
>> > John

Richard stern
Sent from Gmail Mobile
On my IPhone

--001a114217e41ce733052c5237ea

Ruby - crowned wouldn&#39;t be singing yet would it, even if any had return=
ed on migration? I would think that even a Carolina wren would be more.like=
ly in NS in mid- Feb.<br><br>On Sunday, 21 February 2016, James Churchill &=
lt;<a href=3D"mailto:jameslchurchill@gmail.com">jameslchurchill@gmail.com</=
a>&gt; wrote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8=
ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div dir=3D"ltr">...Ruby-cr=
owned Kinglet might be another suspect...a more hyper &#39;tea-kettle&#39; =
than a Cardinal...<div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"=
>On Sun, Feb 21, 2016 at 2:51 PM, NancyDowd <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=
=3D"javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;nancypdowd@gmail.com&#39;);" t=
class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid=
;padding-left:1ex">Yes. I imagine it will turn out to be a Cardinal althoug=
h I never see them at my feeder here (E Dalhousie, Kings Co). I also think =
of them more as town birds (at least in NS thus far) rather than being out =
in the woods. But they are versatile, I know. Do others see them at feeders=
 in remote locations?<br>
Nancy<br>
On 2016-02-21, at 2:06 PM, James Churchill &lt;<a href=3D"javascript:_e(%7B=
%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;jameslchurchill@gmail.com&#39;);" target=3D"_blank"=
>jameslchurchill@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; Nancy,<br>
&gt; Cardinals also have a repeated &#39;Tea-kettle&#39; song type which I =
do not hear as frequently as other types; it is reminiscent of a Carolina W=
ren.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; James<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; On Sunday, 21 February 2016, John Kearney &lt;<a href=3D"javascript:_e=
(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;john.kearney@ns.sympatico.ca&#39;);" target=3D"=
_blank">john.kearney@ns.sympatico.ca</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; Hi Nancy,<br>
&gt; There can also be a similarity of pattern in the calls of Carolina Wre=
n and<br>
&gt; Tufted Titmouse. Although there is only one Nova Scotia record for Tuf=
ted<br>
&gt; Titmouse, their population has been moving northward.<br>
&gt; Good luck in solving this mystery,<br>
&gt; John<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; -----Original Message-----<br>
&gt; From: <a href=3D"javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;naturens-own=
er@chebucto.ns.ca&#39;);" target=3D"_blank">naturens-owner@chebucto.ns.ca</=
a> [mailto:<a href=3D"javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;naturens-own=
er@chebucto.ns.ca&#39;);" target=3D"_blank">naturens-owner@chebucto.ns.ca</=
a>]<br>
&gt; On Behalf Of NancyDowd<br>
&gt; Sent: February-21-16 08:41<br>
&gt; To: <a href=3D"javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;naturens@chebu=
cto.ns.ca&#39;);" target=3D"_blank">naturens@chebucto.ns.ca</a><br>
&gt; Subject: [NatureNS] what sounds similar to Carolina Wren&l