[NatureNS] Spring Peepers? Feb 22. Middleton, Anna. Co.

To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Fred Schueler <bckcdb@istar.ca>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 09:11:23 -0500

/td&gt;&lt;td class=3D"link-enhancr-element" rowspan=3D"5" width=3D"1"
On 2/24/2016 12:20 PM, Carmel Smith wrote:

> It could be a Northern Saw-Whet Owl. They have an even, repetitive call,
> which some compared to the sharpening of a metal saw, hence how they got
> their name

* and once featured, years ago, on As It Happens, from a woods in Oregon
- where the Owl was taken for a space alien, and the woods were
surrounded by armed police and press corps.

fred.

--
           Frederick W. Schueler & Aleta Karstad
Vulnerable Watersheds - http://vulnerablewaters.blogspot.ca/