[NatureNS] RFI - the Depths of Winter List history

From: Dan Greenham <prufrock55@hotmail.com>
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 23:27:16 +0000

Hello distant friends,

I have been following your group for some time as I have been planning a trip to Nova Scotia. Last year your concept of a depths of winter list inspired a number of us in our county in the extreme south of Ontario (Essex) to do the same.

If you could provide me with some information regarding the origins of just such a listing endeavour and how long a DOWL has been tracked I would be grateful. I am compiling a report for our own local field naturalists' newsletter and thought that some historical background could prove interesting.

I am very sorry if this request is out of bounds.

I do hope to run into some of you this summer.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Dan Greenham
Kingsville Ontario
Point Pelee birding area