[NatureNS] Re: peepers

Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2016 23:48:23 -0400
From: Ian Manning <ianmanning4@gmail.com>
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--001a114415f4a4dbca052da9afd2

I'm almost certain I heard peepers on Feb 22nd in Middleton, Annapolis Co.
I've been back to the same area (on warmer evenings) several times, but
haven't heard any since.

Interesting that two different observers both had spring peeper
observations on February 29th. Despite the absurdly early timing, frog
activity for Leap Day seems oddly appropriate.

IM

On 9 March 2016 at 21:54, Ken McKenna <kenmcken@eastlink.ca> wrote:

> Hi all
> I also heard a spring peeper Feb 29 in my back yard in Plymouth during the
> day at  12:50-  Only one call and that was it. Not a peep since.
>
> On Mar 4, I observed a lady cutting fully open pussy willows on the Otter
> Rd.
>
> I heard Saw-whets calling near Grants Lake and Centredale Mar 6 just after
> dusk
> Richard Murphy had heard one or 2 calling a day or two before in the New
> Laird area.
>
> Richard and I spent couple hours last night listening for owls in the Salt
> Springs to Bezansons Lake area with not a sound to be heard other than the
> odd jet and the windmills. It was a nice calm night for listening.
>
> Cheers
> Ken
>
> Ken McKenna
> Box 218
> Stellarton
> NS B0K 1S0
>

> > On Mar 9, 2016, at 7:45 PM, Keith Lowe <mythos25@live.com> wrote:
> >
> > Not me but Chris Peeper heard a peeper on Feb 29

leton, Annapolis Co. I&#39;ve been back to the same area (on warmer evening=
>Interesting that two different observers both had spring peeper observatio=
ns on February 29th. Despite the absurdly early timing, frog activity for L=
ch 2016 at 21:54, Ken McKenna <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:kenmc=
ken@eastlink.ca" target=3D"_blank">kenmcken@eastlink.ca</a>&gt;</span> wrot=
e:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-l=
eft:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Hi all<br>
I also heard a spring peeper Feb 29 in my back yard in Plymouth during the =
day at=C2=A0 12:50-=C2=A0 Only one call and that was it. Not a peep since.<=
br>
On Mar 4, I observed a lady cutting fully open pussy willows on the Otter R=
d.<br>
I heard Saw-whets calling near Grants Lake and Centredale Mar 6 just after =
dusk<br>
Richard Murphy had heard one or 2 calling a day or two before in the New La=
ird area.<br>
Richard and I spent couple hours last night listening for owls in the Salt =
Springs to Bezansons Lake area with not a sound to be heard other than the =
odd jet and the windmills. It was a nice calm night for listening.<br>
Cheers<br>
Ken<br>
Ken McKenna<br>
Box 218<br>
Stellarton<br>
NS B0K 1S0<br>
&gt; On Mar 9, 2016, at 7:45 PM, Keith Lowe &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:mythos25@=
live.com" target=3D"_blank">mythos25@live.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Not me but Chris Peeper heard a peeper on Feb 29<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; -----Original Message-----<br>
&gt; From: <a href=3D"mailto:naturens-owner@chebucto.ns.ca" target=3D"_blan=
k">naturens-owner@chebucto.ns.ca</a> [mailto:<a href=3D"mailto:naturens-own=
er@chebucto.ns.ca" target=3D"_blank">naturens-owner@chebucto.ns.ca</a>]<br>
&gt; On Behalf Of NancyDowd<br>
&gt; Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2016 7:39 PM<br>
&gt; To: <a href=3D"mailto:naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" target=3D"_blank">natur=
ens@chebucto.ns.ca</a><br>
&gt; Subject: [NatureNS] Caddisflies emerging<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; It doesn&#39;t take much to get the Caddisflies on the move but nice t=
o see some<br>
&gt; action again below the lights:<br>
&gt; <a href=3D"https://www.flickr.com/photos/92981528@N08/25028721933/in/d=
ateposted-public/" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">https://www.flickr.=
com/photos/92981528@N08/25028721933/in/dateposted-public/</a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Anyone hearing Peepers on this mild evening? Moths soon!<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Nancy D<br>
&gt; E Dalhousie, Kings Co.<br>

--001a114415f4a4dbca052da9afd2--