[NatureNS] Re: peepers

From: Ken McKenna <kenmcken@eastlink.ca>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2016 21:54:45 -0400
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi all
I also heard a spring peeper Feb 29 in my back yard in Plymouth during the day at  12:50-  Only one call and that was it. Not a peep since.

On Mar 4, I observed a lady cutting fully open pussy willows on the Otter Rd.

I heard Saw-whets calling near Grants Lake and Centredale Mar 6 just after dusk
Richard Murphy had heard one or 2 calling a day or two before in the New Laird area.

Richard and I spent couple hours last night listening for owls in the Salt Springs to Bezansons Lake area with not a sound to be heard other than the odd jet and the windmills. It was a nice calm night for listening.

Cheers
Ken

Ken McKenna
Box 218