[NatureNS] Coltsfoot New Glasgow Walmart

From: Ken McKenna <kenmcken@eastlink.ca>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 18:05:43 -0300
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

Hi all
A couple nice-sized patches of Coltsfoot were in bloom this afternoon on the coal-studded bank behind the New Glasgow Walmart automotive centre area. I assume the dark coal causes the area to warm faster and gives early than usually bloom compared to other county locations. A few crocuses were in bloom in my yard today as well.
The coltsfoot may have been in bloom yesterday as well but I did not check the area. The crocuses were in bloom yesterday for first time.
Cheers
Ken

Ken McKenna
Box 218