[NatureNS] re summer tanagers in N.S. -- was strange red bird

Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 17:36:47 -0300
From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

1.0);"&gt;&lt;b&gt;Reply-To: &lt;/b&gt;&lt;/spa
--089e01183d14a9ca05052f5e3819

A bright male Summer tanager appeared on the deck of a house in Morden, Kin=
gs
Co, the first week of April 2009, and was found dead by the feeder on the
10th.

R.

On Thursday, 31 March 2016, Jim Wolford <jimwolford@eastlink.ca> wrote:

> Lance and the others didn=E2=80=99t really say that the summer tanager in=
 N.S. is
> a 'regular rarity=E2=80=99 in many different times of the year, with doze=
ns of
> sightings and photos in a variety of regions since that very old referenc=
> to Tufts.  Check in Ian McLaren=E2=80=99s recent reference book, =E2=80=
=98All of the Birds
> of Nova Scotia?=E2=80=99 for what he says of its status.  Cheers from Jim=
 in
> Wolfville.
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
> *From: *"Laviolette, Lance" <lance.laviolette@lmco.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','lance.laviolette@lmco.com');>>
> *Subject: **RE: [NatureNS] strange red bird*
> *Date: *March 31, 2016 at 11:33:02 AM ADT
> *To: *"naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','naturens@chebucto.ns.ca');>" <
> naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','naturens@chebucto.ns.ca');>>
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','naturens@chebucto.ns.ca');>
>
> Hi John, and Nancy,
>
> There have been a number of additional sightings since Tufts was
> published. I would expect Summer Tanagers to be reported now and then alo=
ng
> the Southshore and offshore islands (Particularly on BP and Seal which ha=
ve
> birders on the lookout through much of the year).
>
> All the best,
>
> Lance
>
> *Lance Laviolette*
> Glen Robertson, Ontario
>

> *From:* naturens-owner@chebucto.ns.ca
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','naturens-owner@chebucto.ns.ca');> [

_campaign=3Dsig-email&utm_content=3Demailclient>

--=20
Richard stern
Sent from Gmail Mobile
On my IPhone

--089e01183d14a9ca05052f5e3819

A bright male Summer tanager appeared on the deck of a house in Morden,=C2=
=A0<span></span>Kings Co, the first week of April 2009, and was found dead =
ch 2016, Jim Wolford &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:jimwolford@eastlink.ca">jimwolfo=
rd@eastlink.ca</a>&gt; wrote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D=
"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div style=
=3D"word-wrap:break-word">Lance and the others didn=E2=80=99t really say th=
at the summer tanager in N.S. is a &#39;regular rar