[NatureNS] loons have arrived

To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Don MacNeill <donmacneill@bellaliant.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2016 13:02:40 -0300

--------------020704070008000401010901

I watched a little of Mogambo yesterday with Clark Gable and Ava
Gardner.  It takes place in Africa and at one point they are standing
outside in the dark and there is a loon calling in the background.

Don

Don MacNeill donmacneill@bellaliant.net
On 4/4/2016 9:56 AM, Rick Whitman wrote:
> I heard a Loon calling at Methals Lake, also Kings Co., yesterday. On
> Easter Sunday it was "solid" ice.
>
> Rick Whitman
>
> On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 8:38 AM, NancyDowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com
> <mailto:nancypdowd@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     There was a Loon calling this morning on inland L Torment, E
>     Dalhousie, Kings Co. First I have heard since they left last Fall.
>     So it seems the resident Loons are returning to their breeding
>     lakes. At least they can get started nesting much earlier than
>     last Spring.
>
>     Other lakes? Keji?
>
>     Nancy D

--------------020704070008000401010901

  <head>
  </head>
      Clark Gable and Ava Gardner.  It takes place in Africa and at one
      point they are standing outside in the dark and there is a loon
      calling in the background.<br>
      Don<br>
      donmacneill@bellaliant.net</div>
      wrote:<br>
cite="mid:CAA9nSY_A5-bxzxHG8kRWHzDr0VC6JRR_rG9fY3jmCOptvWF38A@mail.gmail.com"
      type="cite">
        Co., yesterday. On Easter Sunday it was "solid" ice.
          NancyDowd <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a moz-do-not-send="true"
              href="mailto:nancypdowd@gmail.com" target="_blank">nancypdowd@gmail.com</a>&gt;</span>
          wrote:<br>
            .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">There was
            a Loon calling this morning on inland L Torment, E
            Dalhousie, Kings Co. First I have heard since they left last
            Fall. So it seems the resident Loons are returning to their
            breeding lakes. At least they can get started nesting much
            earlier than last Spring.<br>
            Other lakes? Keji?<br>
            Nancy D<br>

--------------020704070008000401010901--