[NatureNS] Broad-winged Hawk, Swallows, etc.

To: Nature NS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
From: Lois Codling <loiscodling@hfx.eastlink.ca>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 21:43:13 -0300

Yesterday we went for a walk on part of the St. Margaret's Bay Trail
near Jerry Lawrence Park.  The wind made it a cold walk, but we saw a
few birds of interest.  A Common Loon was in Round Lk., and a pair of
Osprey were fishing there.  2 Bald Eagles passed overhead just after the
Osprey left with a fish in talons.  The only warbler we saw or heard was
a Yellow-rumped.  On the way back to the car we heard and saw a
Broad-winged Hawk, and then a N. Harrier.
We stopped at the Tantallon Rona store on the way home to see the Tree
Swallows reported here.  Saw many Trees and one Barn Swallow, as well as
an Osprey beside it's nest (perhaps one that we had seen at Round Lk.?).

Lois Codling
L. Sackville