[NatureNS] Ticks

Date: Sat, 7 May 2016 07:51:03 -0300
From: chris kennedy <cjkennedy66@gmail.com>
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--089e0149359e0ba0b405323e5a77

Last May,

I found one on myself while out fly-fishing during the mayfly hatch on
May18th near Spry Harbour, up the Eastern Shore. It is very near Sheet
Harbour, a couple of kms south.

First one I'd ever seen there in 20 years of fishing at this particular
lake. I was quite surprised.

-Chris Kennedy in Dartmouth

On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 11:31 PM, Jeff Hiltz <4x4play@gmail.com> wrote:

> It looks like they have finally spread to the Springhill, Cumberland
> County area. A friend who spends a lot of her time in the woods got her
> first tick ever this Spring.
> I am an avid fisherman and I have yet to get one in this area but I know
> it is just a matter of time.
>
> Go away cold weather! We have had enough!
>
> As for birds, we saw out first spotted sandpiper on River Philip this
> week!!
>
> Cheers!
> Jeff
>
> On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 6:57 PM, John and Nhung <nhungjohn@eastlink.ca>
> wrote:
>
>> Can't be quantitative, but chez moi, south of Yarmouth, I see no
>> difference from previous recent years.

 Eastern Shore. It is very near Sheet Harbour, a couple of kms south.</div>=
class=3D"gmail_quote">On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 11:31 PM, Jeff Hiltz <span dir=
=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:4x4play@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">4x4play=
=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div dir=
=3D"ltr">It looks like they have finally spread to the Springhill, Cumberla=
nd County area. A friend who spends a lot of her time in the woods got her =
first tick ever this Spring.<br>I am an avid fisherman and I have yet to ge=
t one in this area but I know it is just a matter of time.<br><br>Go away c=
old weather! We have had enough!<br><br>As for birds, we saw out first spot=
ted sandpiper on River Philip this week!!<br><br>Cheers!<span class=3D"HOEn=
te">On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 6:57 PM, John and Nhung <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a=
 href=3D"mailto:nhungjohn@eastlink.ca" target=3D"_blank">nhungjohn@eastlink=
gin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Can&#39;t be qu=
antitative, but chez moi, south of Yarmouth, I see no difference from previ=
ous recent years.<br>
-----Original Message-----<br>
From: <a href=3D"mailto:naturens-owner@chebucto.ns.ca" target=3D"_blank">na=
turens-owner@chebucto.ns.ca</a> [mailto:<a href=3D"mailto:naturens-owner@ch=