[NatureNS] White Point Birds

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2016 19:16:06 -0300

Well today has been a simply amazing bird run of a day. I haven't even been
home all day. This is what I have seen today from my kitchen window,  into
the grapevine: It is a long list, probably the longest ever!
Sparrows: song, white throat, white crowned and chipping, Chickadees,
Juncos, Grackles, Starlings, Robins, Blue Jays, Goldfinches (male female and
juveniles), Pine Siskins, Purple finches (Male female and juveniles), and a
possible house finch. Rose Breasted Grosbeaks, male and female or juvenile
( 5 of these at least), Mourning Doves, Red winged blackbirds (males and
females), pigeons, Northern Flickers, Downy and Hairy Woodpeckers (male and
females) Tree swallows (only 3) and Hummingbirds, (males and females and one
that isn't what I am sure of. It is very dark at the throat and sort of
purple. I hope to get photos if it sticks around. It flew into the back port
of the feeder at the studio window and away when I reached for the camera. A
minute ago it was at the other feeder and the camera is downstairs. If it is
here this time of the evening, maybe it will be here in the am. I expect to
be here all tomorrow. I am trying to think what birds are missing from my
year round list...there are a few. I think that is it. I haven't seen  our
catbirds yet and also I seem to be missing the wax wings. They nested here
last summer.  I suppose they will show when the apple blossoms open which
could be any day now.
I did also see off the property three herons,  a Raven and several Crows as
well as a bald eagle flying over and a couple different varieties of gulls.
All with just my glasses on. Holy smokes, it was a very good day.

best regards, Marg

Marg Millard
19 White Point 2 Rd., White Point, Queens Co.,
R.R. # 1 Hunts Point,
Nova Scotia , Canada
(902) 683-2393 MargMillard.ca
Facebook: White Point Artist, Marg Millard.