[NatureNS] Tree swallow behavior question

From: Ron Wilson <solidago123@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2016 16:17:46 -0300
To: Nature NS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--001a114075020348910536d431fa

I have two Tree Swallow nest boxes but the swallows have only used the one
same box each of the last three years.

This years young left the box 11 days ago but each day now I have a group
of approx 6 Tree Swallows returning two or three times to the yard and both
boxes - never going in but hanging off the entry holes.

Can anyone explain this behavior ?
They don't do a second round of nesting do they?

Ron Wilson
Somerset NS