[NatureNS] water and feeding hummingbirds

From: N Robinson <nrobbyn@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2016 14:14:05 -0300
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--001a1148cd22aef4ef0536d276a7

I have a question regarding the hummingbird feeders.  I have never fed the
hummingbirds but a relative brought me one of the cheap varieties of
plastic feeder one finds at Dollarama or the hardware store at the exit.

Are these feeders all right?   I wonder about the plastic - probably not
good for the birds and just another thing that will eventually end up in
the landfill

Perhaps someone could recommend the best type of feeder, where to buy it,
etc.

Nancy

--
Nancy Robinson
novascotiavacation.weebly.com

--001a1148cd22aef4ef0536d276a7

 feeders.=C2=A0 I have never fed the hummingbirds but a relative brought me=
 one of the cheap varieties of plastic feeder one finds at Dollarama or the=
t?=C2=A0=C2=A0 I wonder about the plastic - probably not good for the birds=
 and just another thing that will eventually end up in the landfill<br><br>=
lass=3D"gmail_quote">On Sun, Jul 3, 2016 at 8:04 AM, n1gtuq15@aliant <span =
dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:heather.drope@ns.sympatico.ca" target=3D"=
class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid=
;padding-left:1ex"><u></u>
   =20
=20
 =20
=20
=20
   Because I am using treated city water, I boil it first and let it sit fo=
r a bit before adding sugar. I feel it sort of neutralizes it a bit. I have=
 my feeders on the fourth floor of a big apartment building and the only th=
ing I have in my favour are the woods on two sides of me. I do get a lone h=
ummer which is very exciting for me.
   Most of the big apartment complexes don&#39;t allow bird feeding at all =
but I don&#39;t consider feeding HBs breaking the rules.=C2=A0
   Heather Drope
=20
nature" data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=3D"ltr"><div><div dir=
tion.weebly.com" target=3D"_blank">novascotiavacation.weebly.com</a><br></d=
iv>www.twinski.com=

--001a1148cd22aef4ef0536d276a7--