[NatureNS] Butterfly numbers and question about budworm spraying

To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Eleanor Lindsay <kelindsay135@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2016 09:38:00 -0300

a:vi
For the past 30+ years I have made regular summer car trips from St
Margarets Bay to Fredericton; in the early days I used to frequently
have to stop to clear accumulations of dead insects from my front
windshield. I am no longer sure about the exact time frame of this
change, but yesterday on return home I was struck by the total lack -
not one single insect on my windshield, which speaks such volumes about
the enormity of change happening around us - and also how easy it can be
not to be so quick to notice or object to the 'convenient'

Eleanor Lindsay