[NatureNS] Butterfly numbers and question about budworm spraying

From: Mary Macaulay <marymacaulay@hotmail.com>
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2016 19:47:23 +0000

&gt;&gt; three Red Admirals
indeed!
we spray vision (roundup) on our forests to produce a functional monoculture of spruce & fir. Then we spray Bt on the result to kill the spruce budworm & any other caterpillars around. So we remove habitat & we then we poison. Very effective ecocide...and the only upside I my opinion is nice clean windscreens...

With kindest regards

Mary (Macaulay), P.Eng.

Owner, Remember Adventures & Caper Cafe
Pedal Buggy & snowshoe rentals, great bird friendly coffee, breakfast & pasta, pollinator meadow, games & more!!
(Open Wed to Sunday: 8:30 am-7pm)
HWY 6 & Station Road
Trans-Canada Trail
Tatamagouche
RememberAdventures.ca & InsectRecovery.org
1-902-657-0054
Twitter @RememberTata & @InsectRecovery