[NatureNS] Isle Haute CBC interview Bill Casey

From: Ronald Arsenault <rongarsenault@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2016 23:07:07 -0400
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--047d7bd91f424e7f4e0541db1128

Thanks Andrew, very interesting.  I wonder if the increased aggressiveness
could be density dependent?

On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 7:08 PM, Hebda, Andrew J <Andrew.Hebda@novascotia.ca

--
Ronald G. Arsenault
Halifax, Nova Scotia

--047d7bd91f424e7f4e0541db1128

nks Andrew, very interesting.=C2=A0 I wonder if the increased aggressivenes=
s could be density dependent?</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"fo=
nt-size:small"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size:sm=
uote">On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 7:08 PM, Hebda, Andrew J <span dir=3D"ltr">&l=
t;<a href=3D"mailto:Andrew.Hebda@novascotia.ca" target=3D"_blank">Andrew.He=
" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><=
br>
The Deermouse=C2=A0 Peromyscus maniculatus.=C2=A0 This population as studie=
d by Mark Pulsifer in 1981.=C2=A0 It has possibly been isolated from the=C2=
=A0 mainland populations by 7,500 years, and differs from its mainland coun=
terpaerts in its size (significantly larger than mainland) populations, and=
 behaviour.. more aggressive that those on the mainland.<br>
There is a Curatorial Report on our 4 day expedition in 1997 at <a href=3D"=
https://ojs.library.dal.ca/NSM/article/view/3905" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank">https://ojs.library.dal.ca/<wbr>NSM/article/view/3905</a> with =
some details.<br>
Andrew<br>
A Hebda<br>
NSM Collections (Zoology)<br>
I went there and camped one weekend in July 3 years ago. Not the best time =
for birding, but interesting nevertheless. We only saw a few common birds s=
uch as Redstarts, B-C chickadees etc. but also Peregrines and Bald eagles t=
hat we suspected were nesting. We didn&#39;t see or hear any signs of Leach=
&#39;s storm petrels, but that doesn&#39;t mean they weren&#39;t there. The=