[NatureNS] Birdbox Questions

From: Susann Myers <myerss@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 23:51:23 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_00AB_01D25A52.CDD1C2E0

HI, Ian.

Aerial insectivores that feed on mosquitoes need to fly around in open =
spaces, so not so much present in deep woods.  Tree Swallows will nest =
around the edges of fields and large openings in the woods, though.

One place that you can look for dimensions & tips on bird nesting boxes =
is the Murrants' website.  They have a lot of experience with nest boxes =
in Cape Breton.  Googling Cape Breton birds will get you to them, and =
there's a link to their nest box info.

Cheers,
Susann