[NatureNS] Thread-Index: AQHS9bUf8T0mnd+GDEmawxjWrSaVBQ==

From: "Laviolette, Lance" <lance.laviolette@lmco.com>
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2017 18:10:06 +0000

Hi Chris,

I don't know if there is a list of four letter codes for only Nova Scotia birds but I can point you to a list of four letter codes (these were established for bird banding) for the birds that might be encountered in North America (and Hawaii).

You can find a table of species here:
https://www.pwrc.usgs.gov/bbl/manual/speclist.cfm

The table is sortable by clicking on the column headings so you can have a taxonomic table or an alphabetically sorted table. If you're patient you can highlight the entire table (it's big) and copy it into an Excel sheet.

All the best,

Lance

Lance Laviolette
Glen Robertson, Ontario