[NatureNS] Re: Old growth pine trees and an American Chestnut on my property

From: Wanda Baxter <wandalynnbaxter@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2017 11:58:18 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--089e082475e482e6ad05554dcb31

Hi there,

This is a bit of a random email, but I am looking for assistance re: who
might be interested in looking at the old growth White Pine trees I have on
my property? We also have a healthy, solitary American Chestnut tree that
gives many seeds each year. I know these are very rare trees, and I would
like to try growing new ones from seed.

Does anyone know who would be interested in taking a look at these trees
for documentation purposes? I could also use some advice on how to care for
the American Chestnut. Although it has a split in the trunk (we have
supported it and it seems to be working), and loses branches often in
storms, it appears otherwise healthy producing many flowers and seeds each
year. Bees are a big fan.

Thanks so much,

Wanda Baxter