[NatureNS] National Geographic Bird Guide app

To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: pce@accesswave.ca
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2017 09:54:06 -0300

--------------434F235E6EDBA7715276768A

For those of you using the excellent National Geographic Birds of North
America app on an Apple product, I'd like to let you know that upgrading
to iOS version 11 will render the app unusable. You will have to go to
iOS 11 eventually, of course, but you should be prepared to look for
another app to substitute for the NG one at that time.

I sent them an enquiry, and received the following:

"We are very happy to hear that you have enjoyed using this app from
National Geographic. Unfortunately, we have made the difficult decision
to retire the product and you may notice that parts of the app are no
longer working or the app may cease to function altogether. Our product
team is currently working on plans to invest in new digital products
that deliver a similar experience in the future that we feel will best
serve our audience and support the National Geographic mission."

--- Peter Payzant

--------------434F235E6EDBA7715276768A

  <head>

  </head>
    For those of you using the excellent National Geographic Birds of
    North America app on an Apple product, I'd like to let you know that
    upgrading to iOS version 11 will render the app unusable. You will
    have to go to iOS 11 eventually, of course, but you should be
    prepared to look for another app to substitute for the NG one at
    that time.<br>
    I sent them an enquiry, and received the following:<br>
    "<font color="#3333ff">We are very happy to hear that you have
      enjoyed using this app from National Geographic. Unfortunately, we
      have made the difficult decision to retire the product and you may
      notice that parts of the app are no longer working or the app may
      cease to function altogether. Our product team is currently
      working on plans to invest in new digital products that deliver a
      similar experience in the future that we feel will best serve our
      audience and support the National Geographic mission</font>."<br>
    --- Peter Payzant<br>

--------------434F235E6EDBA7715276768A--