[NatureNS] Ironwood/Hop Hornbeam

From: NancyDowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2017 18:20:30 -0400
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

This is the first time I have ever come across an Ironwood/Hop Hornbeam tree (Ostrya virginians) in this area- the southernmost part of Kings Co. I see the Flora of NS lists it as being scattered throughout from Annapolis Co. to Cape Breton. Here is a poor pic of the seed cluster:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/150605880@N07/38219092242/in/dateposted-public/

Just posting it in case anyone keeps track of the ranges of tree species in NS.

Nancy
E Dalhousie, Kings Co.