[NatureNS] Raccoon Problem (slightly off-topic)

From: "David&Jane Schlosberg" <dschlosb-g@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2017 10:22:07 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0523_01D365D7.3F31AAF0

------=_NextPart_001_0524_01D365D7.3F31AAF0

I had such a laugh at James' post, this morning.  I want to relate a story I
heard.  Racoons were eating a gardener's corn, coming every night and
sampling one ear, waiting for the corn to ripen.  Then, they would decimate
the crop.  So, the next year, Buddy planted his corn in a rectangle, putting
two rows of late corn all around the perimeter.  So, the racoons thought the
corn wasn't ripe yet; meanwhile the gardener harvested the early corn in
peace.

Jane