[NatureNS] Rarer Birds today for this time of year

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>,
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2017 21:24:24 +0000

--_000_BLUPR11MB04688FCBBF2877626DDE285AB53E0BLUPR11MB0468namp_

At the cemetery today in Liverpool, Dorothy Poole and I had a gray catbird.=
  I found two others at the entrance to Beach Meadows Beach in the multi-fl=
ora on the left as you enter the drive.  There was an unidentified warbler =
at the Liverpool Cemetery.  I only got a brief look at it as it whizzed ove=
r the top of some multiflora.  It was a bright yellow warbler.  The odd thi=
ng is when it landed it came down to the ground.  It pumped it's tail once,=
 which might suggest a palm warbler and then ran into the tangle of multifl=
ora that was present not to be seen again.  Since it went to ground and the=
n ran rather than landing in the multiflora suggests that it might have bee=
n a good bird.

In Brooklyn by the entrance to Bowater I had another warbler.  I believe th=
at it might have been a northern parula, but did not get a photo.  I did no=
t get a good enough look at it through the binoculars and even though it wa=
s in the open I opted to try and get a photo first rather than an ID.  They=
 are tearing a ship apart and a dump truck banged right at the opportune mo=
ment that I would have had a photo and thus ruined the moment.  I did have =
a ruby-crowned kinglet though, which did not come out in the open enough to=
 allow for a photo.

At Beach Meadows Beach by the Port-A-Pottie, I had two northern parulas  an=
d a yellow-rumped warbler.  I'll post photos of the parulas on ebird.

In addition in Brooklyn by the park there was a red-throated loon and a dou=
ble-crested cormorant.  Both good birds for the winter list.

Not rare any longer I did have nine northern cardinals.  Seven in Liverpool=
 with five together and two in Brooklyn.

James R. Hirtle

LaHave

--_000_BLUPR11MB04688FCBBF2877626DDE285AB53E0BLUPR11MB0468namp_

<head>
1">
n-bottom:0;} --></style>
</head>
-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif;" dir=3D"ltr">
l, Dorothy Poole and I had a gray catbird.&nbsp; I found two others at the =
entrance to Beach Meadows Beach in the multi-flora on the left as you enter=
 the drive.&nbsp; There was an unidentified
 warbler at the Liverpool Cemetery.&nbsp; I only got a brief look at it as =
it whizzed over the top of some multiflora.&nbsp; It was a bright yellow wa=
rbler.&nbsp; The odd thing is when it landed it came down to the ground.&nb=
sp; It pumped it's tail once, which might suggest a
 palm warbler and then ran into the tangle of multiflora that was present n=
ot to be seen again.&nbsp; Since it went to ground and then ran rather than=
 landing in the multiflora suggests that it might have been a good bird.</p=

water I had another warbler.&nbsp; I believe that it might have been a nort=
hern parula, but did not get a photo.&nbsp; I did not get a good enough&nbs=
p;look at it through the binoculars and even though
 it was in the open I opted to try and get a photo first rather than an ID.=
&nbsp; They are tearing a ship apart and a dump truck banged right at the o=
pportune moment that I would have had a photo and thus ruined the moment.&n=
bsp; I did have a ruby-crowned kinglet though,
 which did not come out in the open enough to allow for a photo.&nbsp;&nbsp=
;</p>
t-A-Pottie, I had two northern parulas&nbsp; and a yellow-rumped warbler.&n=
bsp; I'll post photos of the parulas on ebird.&nbsp;&nbsp;</p>
rk there was a red-throated loon and a double-crested cormorant.&nbsp; Both=
 good birds for the winter list.&nbsp;</p>
ne northern cardinals.&nbsp; Seven in Liverpool with five together and two =
in Brooklyn.&nbsp; &nbsp;</p>

--_000_BLUPR11MB04688FCBBF2877626DDE285AB53E0BLUPR11MB0468namp_--