[NatureNS] Northern Pulp treatment plan

From: chris kennedy <cjkennedy66@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2017 13:05:14 -0400
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Cc: David Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>

--94eb2c145f8e3a6fe4055fd73003

I'd like to add that 'industry' is not a prerequisite for jobs. Humans are
perfectly capable of employing (and organizing) themselves.

-Chris Kennedy in Dartmouth

On Fri, Dec 8, 2017 at 11:39 AM, David <dwebster@glinx.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>     Usually I side with industry because without jobs everything will be
> gone with the wind. But their present treatment plan is little more than a
> rerun of the deplorable Boat Harbor fiasco. Instead of dumping their
> wastewater in Boat Harbor they plan to dump it in the ocean. Since when is
> dumping a treatment ?
>     There was an article in the Chr. Hrld. explaining why a closed cycle
> treatment system was not possible and it was just so much golbedygook and
> lame excuses. I looked into the corporate structure on Northern Pulp a few
> weeks ago and doubt that they have the technical expertise to innovate a
> remedial treatment of their wastewater.
>     This is where government scientists should have been involved 50 years
> ago but better late than never. Please give Halifax and Ottawa a reminder
> of their duties.
>     "In the absence of justice what is sovereignty but organized robbery
> ?" St Augustine about 400 AD.
> Yt, DW, Kentville

--94eb2c145f8e3a6fe4055fd73003

prerequisite for jobs. Humans are perfectly capable of employing (and organ=
lass=3D"gmail_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Fri, Dec 8, 2017 at =
11:39 AM, David <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:dwebster@glinx.com"=
class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid=
;padding-left:1ex"><u></u>

ut jobs everything will be gone with the wind. But their present treatment =
plan is little more than a rerun of the deplorable Boat Harbor fiasco. Inst=
ead of dumping their wastewater in Boat Harbor they plan to dump it in the =
ocean. Since when is dumping a treatment ?</div><div>=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=
=A0There was an article in the Chr. Hrld. explaining why a closed cycle tre=
atment system was not possible and it was just so much golbedygook and lame=
 excuses. I looked into the corporate structure on Northern Pulp a few week=
s ago and doubt that they have the technical expertise to innovate a remedi=
al treatment of their wastewater.=C2=A0</div><div>=C2=A0 =C2=A0 This is whe=
re government scientists should have been involved 50 years ago but better =
late than never. Please give Halifax and Ottawa a reminder of their duties.=
=C2=A0</div><div>=C2=A0 =C2=A0 &quot;In the absence of justice what is sove=
reignty but organized robbery ?&quot; St Augustine about 400 AD.=C2=A0</div=
div>

--94eb2c145f8e3a6fe4055fd73003--