[NatureNS] Little Auk (Dovekie)

From: Veronica Horsman <veronicahorsman@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2018 13:37:37 -0400
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--001a114c4c104c715d0562abd682

Currently providing safe harbour for a Little Auk under my front porch.
Observed it for about 20 minutes on the front lawn, having trouble and
being blown around by the rain and wind, currently happening along the
LaHave.

I don't think it is hurt but it did seem exhausted when I approached it,
though it was able to scuttle away from me before I was able to pick it up.
When I last checked (5 minutes ago), it was comfortably sitting under the
porch, looking around at me.

The questions are, has anyone else seen one in this state and what do I do,
since it is not visibly injured (though I know when you see a bird
unnaturally on the ground, it is never a good sign)?

All the best,
Veronica

--001a114c4c104c715d0562abd682

 front porch. Observed it for about 20 minutes on the front lawn, having tr=
ouble and being blown around by the rain and wind, currently happening alon=
em exhausted when I approached it, though it was able to scuttle away from =
me before I was able to pick it up. When I last checked (5 minutes ago), it=
 was comfortably sitting under the porch, looking around at me.</div><div><=
br></div><div>The questions are, has anyone else seen one in this state and=