[NatureNS] Tundra Swan

From: Randy Lauff <randy.lauff@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2018 13:00:35 -0400
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--f403045fb3c09b5bd40563b0d742

All,

The deceased Tundra Swan was found, collected and transported back to StFX
and is now safe in one of my freezers. I will take it out at the end of the
semester to use in the Introductory Zoology's ornithology lab...likely at
the station where the syrinx (voice box) is demonstrated.

Although scavengers had gotten to the swan, there was very little damage;
of the bones, only the hyoid apparatus was missing. I didn't have a full
look, but the bird appears otherwise undamaged.

Thank you to everyone involved who in one way or another, helped bring a
fantastic specimen to St. Francis Xavier.

Found something dead? Don't hesitate to email me to see if we could use it.

Randy
_________________________________
RF Lauff
Way in the boonies of
Antigonish County, NS.

--f403045fb3c09b5bd40563b0d742

, collected and transported back to StFX and is now safe in one of my freez=
ers. I will take it out at the end of the semester to use in the Introducto=
ry Zoology&#39;s ornithology lab...likely at the station where the syrinx (=
d gotten to the swan, there was very little damage; of the bones, only the =
hyoid apparatus was missing. I didn&#39;t have a full look, but the bird ap=
nvolved who in one way or another, helped bring a fantastic specimen to St.=
dy<br clear=3D"all"><div><div class=3D"gmail_signature" data-smartmail=3D"g=
mail_signature">_________________________________<br>RF Lauff<br>Way in the=

--f403045fb3c09b5bd40563b0d742--