[NatureNS] Notice of Meeting on Hemlock Woolly Adelgid

From: "John Kearney" <john.kearney@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2018 15:06:16 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D3AFDC.83FF2A00

Hi Nick and all,

This is an excellent contribution to the discussion on the threat posed =
by the Hemlock Woolly Adelgid. I like the strategy that you propose. How =
do we mobilize the human processes to protect forest processes? That is =
something that I hope the hemlock question will bring us closer to =
achieving. At the same time, I would like to be optimistic that the =
Eastern Hemlock can continue to play an important function in the =
forests of the future. There is so much we don=E2=80=99t know about how =
the adelgid will fare in Nova Scotia.=20

I will pass your comments on to the speaker. If you are not able to come =
to the meeting, I will certainly bring them up. I should mention that =
the Mersey-Tobeatic Research Institute is in the process of holding =
meetings in the western end of the province about the Hemlock Woolly =
Adelgid. Information can be found on their Facebook and web pages.=20

The link to the thesis was also very informative and I look forward to =
reading more of it.

Thanks,

John K.

=20