[NatureNS] White Point birds

From: "Marg Millard" <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: "naturens" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 13:03:01 -0300

What a lovely day. It is nippy in the wind but the earth is thawing and
birds are voicing their approval in wonderful song. It was hard to come
inside. Happy spring!
Big news this am is I saw a Chipping Sparrow in my grapevine. about 9:20,
the first in a long time. The first Robins moved back into the neighbourhood
yesterday AND there was  a lovely big  Great Blue Heron in the Meadow Pond
as we came out from Liverpool at about 12:15. No camera, sorry.
The Catbird is still about. It has added banana to its menu to go along with
the green and red grapes (green seem to be the choice of grapes). The Banana
is a hit! Squirrel gets grapes without a fuss but the banana is hands off!
We are still getting the usuals although the number of American Goldfinches
was a good 40+ yesterday. Song Sparrow numbers are way down for us. We see
one from time to time and usually we have a number of them. We have  White
Throats still but also the numbers are down. I know the lack of snow cover
around here might be a factor but they aren't about on the property and that
is unusual.

White Point Artist, Marg Millard
19 White Point 2 Rd., White Point, Queens Co.,
R.R. # 1 Hunts Point, Nova Scotia
B0T 1G0 Canada (902) 683-2393
LocalArtistMargMillard.ca
By Appointment, please