[NatureNS] Great Egret

From: "Ken J MacAulay" <kenmacaulay@eastlink.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2018 12:26:23 -0300

--Boundary_(ID_FnnXqgnQ2fq76nL78lgc0A)

I finally confirmed reports of a Great Egret sighting.  The bird has been seen for at least three days now and seemed to be in the company of a Great Blue Heron.

The egret is located on the tidal lagoon and marsh behind the Summerville Beach Park in Queens County.  I first saw it from the old #3 highway where the old Esso station used to stand, but had better views by driving as far as the barred gate to the park and parking there.  The bird flew up and down to different spots and I have heard reports of one being see in the lagoon in Central Port Mouton, also.

I watched it for about a half hour at 11.30am this morning and it was seen around 4.30 pm yesterday

Ken MacAulay
Port Mouton, NS
(902)683-2239

--Boundary_(ID_FnnXqgnQ2fq76nL78lgc0A)

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY dir=ltr>
<DIV dir=ltr>
<DIV style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV>I finally confirmed reports of a Great Egret sighting.&nbsp; The bird has
been seen for at least three days now and seemed to be in the company of a Great
Blue Heron.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The egret is located on the tidal lagoon and marsh behind the Summerville
Beach Park in Queens County.&nbsp; I first saw it from the old #3 highway where
the old Esso station used to stand, but had better views by driving as far as
the barred gate to the park and parking there.&nbsp; The bird flew up and down
to different spots and I have heard reports of one being see in the lagoon in
Central Port Mouton, also.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I watched it for about a half hour at 11.30am this morning and it was seen
around 4.30 pm yesterday</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Ken MacAulay</DIV>
<DIV>Port Mouton, NS</DIV>
<DIV>(902)683-2239</DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_FnnXqgnQ2fq76nL78lgc0A)--