[NatureNS] Great Egret

From: "Ken J MacAulay" <kenmacaulay@eastlink.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2018 14:38:12 -0300

--Boundary_(ID_G0b0R9g4fBHYGx5oNQH4XA)

Further to my earlier post, I was home at 12.30 downloading my camera to =
my computer when I received an e-mail from my neighbour, who reported =
the bird to me initially, saying that he was just out on the shore of =
Port Mouton harbour and saw another (?) Great Egret in a small pond =
beside the water.  This is about 300-400 metres from my house.  He =
included pictures of the bird.  While Summerville beach is not far as =
the egret flies from my house, what are the odds of there being two such =
birds. The situation was compounded further at 1.30 pm when I got a call =
that a lady whose home overlooks the Summerville location of the first =
sighting said the bird was there.  Either there is one highly mobile =
egret or we have at least two birds in a fairly small area.  I have also =
had reports of =E2=80=9Cbig white bird=E2=80=9D sightings at the lagoon =
in Central Port Mouton opposite the first fish plant.

Ken MacAulay
189 Bell=E2=80=99s Point Road
Port Mouton, NS
(902)683-2239=

--Boundary_(ID_G0b0R9g4fBHYGx5oNQH4XA)

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV>Further to my earlier post, I was home at 12.30 downloading my =
camera to my=20
computer when I received an e-mail from my neighbour, who reported the =
bird to=20
me initially, saying that he was just out on the shore of Port Mouton =
harbour=20
and saw another (?) Great Egret in a small pond beside the water.&nbsp; =
This is=20
about 300-400 metres from my house.&nbsp; He included pictures of the=20
bird.&nbsp; While Summerville beach is not far as the egret flies from =
my house,=20
what are the odds of there being two such birds. The situation was =
compounded=20
further at 1.30 pm when I got a call that a lady whose home overlooks =
the=20
Summerville location of the first sighting said the bird was =
there.&nbsp; Either=20
there is one highly mobile egret or we have at least two birds in a =
fairly small=20
area.&nbsp; I have also had reports of =E2=80=9Cbig white bird=E2=80=9D =
sightings at the lagoon=20
in Central Port Mouton opposite the first fish plant.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Ken MacAulay</DIV>
<DIV>189 Bell=E2=80=99s Point Road</DIV>
<DIV>Port Mouton, NS</DIV>
<DIV>(902)683-2239</DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_G0b0R9g4fBHYGx5oNQH4XA)--