[NatureNS] Kentville Fox Hill birds

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2018 18:03:09 +0000
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--000000000000c2c10105695a1af2

There's an old orchard area between Fox  Hill subdivision and the Dykes by
the Cornwallis River, in Kentville, with bushes and trees- quite open and
good for dog walking and birding. This morning there was a pair of
Mockingbirds chasing each other around and singing from a bush. They are
listed as rare in Ebird, although in that particular subdivision they have
actually been regular for years, and probably nest.

Rarer to me, I heard the chip notes of Evening grosbeaks, and saw 2 females
in a high tree, which then flew off.  They are the first of this species I
have seen since early 2017, although I have seen occasional reports this
winter in the county. There were also 5 separate Cardinals singing. See
today's ebird for the full list.
--
Richard stern
sternrichard@gmail.com

--000000000000c2c10105695a1af2

bdivision and the Dykes by the Cornwallis River, in Kentville, with bushes =
and trees- quite open and good for dog walking and birding. This morning th=
ere was a pair of Mockingbirds chasing each other around and singing from a=
 bush. They are listed as rare in Ebird, although in that particular subdiv=
ision they have actually been regular for years, and probably nest.=C2=A0</=
chip notes of Evening grosbeaks, and saw 2 females in a high tree, which th=
en flew off.=C2=A0 They are the first of this species I have seen since ear=
ly 2017, although I have seen occasional reports this winter in the county.=
 There were also 5 separate Cardinals singing. See today&#39;s ebird for th=
e full list.</div>-- <br><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_signature" data-sm=
artmail=3D"gmail_signature">Richard stern<br><a href=3D"mailto:sternrichard=
Phone</div>

--000000000000c2c10105695a1af2--