[NatureNS] White Point Birds

From: "Marg Millard" <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: "naturens" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2018 15:13:15 -0300

Yesterday thing quieted very quickly at the feeder after the breakfast rush.
We think the Catbird has gone but will continue to put bits out for it for a
bit yet especially if we get cold and snow.
The female Rose-breasted Grosbeak was still here and kept company with a few
Purple Finches, males and females. It is so easy to compare that way for
sure.
There were a few Goldfinches, Sparrows; both Song and White-throated and a
few Juncos. Still lots of Grackles and a few male Red-Winged Blackbirds as
well as a female.

This am we had to go to Lunenburg to the gallery and just before we left, I
stuck my head out doors to see what to wear when I heard a beautiful call
from the Apple trees out back. I grabbed the camera and there was a
Rose-breasted Grosbeak male holding forth and as I was trying for a better
photo, the female joined him. Cute!
There was a solitary male Cowbird this am and the treat of all the
sightings, there was a hummingbird sitting on the clothes line! A male. No
photo as it was gone when I got the camera swung around and up for the
photo.
No sign on Swallows here yet. Usually the Hummingbirds arrive after the Tree
Swallows. There doesn't seem to be much food in the air so I suppose that is
a good thing.
We drove to the Gallery, now on Lincoln and there was a House Sparrow on the
wires just outside the door! When I Gallery sat over on Duke and Pelham, the
door was usually left open in good weather and the House Sparrows would fly
in and poke about a bit then fly out again. I liked that.
We headed back to B'water and turned right off the road onto Glenn Allen and
at the ball field
there was an Osprey on the pole right there on the right.
Oh and we saw two turtles sunning on a log on the right at the spectacle
lakes headed toward Lunenburg.

Spring!! Ain't it glorious?

Marg
White Point Artist, Marg Millard
19 White Point 2 Rd., White Point, Queens Co.,
R.R. # 1 Hunts Point, Nova Scotia
B0T 1G0 Canada (902) 683-2393
LocalArtistMargMillard.ca
By Appointment, please