[NatureNS] White Point Birds

From: "Marg Millard" <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: "naturens" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2018 12:34:01 -0400

What a lovely, lovely day! There are a few birds here but the numbers drop
drastically when the temps rise and the sun is out. The trees are full of
twitters. Of note we still have the Catbird. Friends dropped out the other
day and saw it so they knew what it was. Yesterday they found one in behind
their home on Wharf Rock Road, Mersey Point, just outside Liverpool. Around
the latter part of the afternoon We were visited by a Purple Finch. I heard
it before I saw it come to the grapevine. I did get photos, through the old
window with two panes. I think it looked relatively healthy but if someone
wants to check it out let me know. I plan to post it to Facebook but I keep
getting sidetracked today and may forget.
Snowdrops are blooming now. I saw a long string of geese heading west.
I saw something Sat. I think it was. Many Downy Woodpeckers  moving along
the shore. Our big maple was full (6 or 7 isn't unusual at this time of the
year. Well over 20). The distance was too far for the camera with the light
behind them.  I've never seen anything like it with the Woodpeckers.
Starlings yes but...
Marg

White Point Artist, Marg Millard
19 White Point 2 Rd., White Point, Queens Co.,
R.R. # 1 Hunts Point, Nova Scotia
B0T 1G0 Canada (902) 683-2393
LocalArtistMargMillard.ca
By Appointment, please