[NatureNS] Question about bird bodies

From: "Marg Millard" <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: "naturens" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 09:05:08 -0300

Good morning. What a lovely morning it is here. Things are quieting quickly
here in White Point at the feeders. Still, though we have a fair bit of
traffic.
I have a question I need an answer to. If I find a large bird, say a Gannet
or gull, dead on the beach and I want to do something with the body parts,
like photograph it and use the feathers, maybe the feet, can I legally have
the bird in my possession? It is a migratory bird so do rules cover getting
a permit or leave the thing lie?
best regards, Marg

White Point Artist, Marg Millard
19 White Point 2 Rd., White Point, Queens Co.,
R.R. # 1 Hunts Point, Nova Scotia
B0T 1G0 Canada (902) 683-2393
LocalArtistMargMillard.ca
By Appointment, please