[NatureNS] Question about bird bodies

From: Randy Lauff <randy.lauff@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 09:26:49 -0300
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--0000000000006a5862056aab64a2

It is my understanding that you need a permit to possess wildlife, dead or
alive. Contact your local DNR for such permits. They may want to see the
animal first, to ensure it hasn't been shot. Again, it is my understanding
that if it's been shot, you won't be able to keep it, whether you did the
shooting or not. This deters people from shooting the animal, then claiming
they just found it.

Randy

_________________________________
RF Lauff
Way in the boonies of
Antigonish County, NS.

On 25 April 2018 at 09:05, Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca> wrote:

> Good morning. What a lovely morning it is here. Things are quieting
> quickly here in White Point at the feeders. Still, though we have a fair
> bit of traffic.
> I have a question I need an answer to. If I find a large bird, say a
> Gannet or gull, dead on the beach and I want to do something with the body
> parts, like photograph it and use the feathers, maybe the feet, can I
> legally have the bird in my possession? It is a migratory bird so do rules
> cover getting a permit or leave the thing lie?
> best regards, Marg
>
> White Point Artist, Marg Millard
> 19 White Point 2 Rd., White Point, Queens Co.,
> R.R. # 1 Hunts Point, Nova Scotia
> B0T 1G0 Canada (902) 683-2393
> LocalArtistMargMillard.ca
> By Appointment, please

--0000000000006a5862056aab64a2

ildlife, dead or alive. Contact your local DNR for such permits. They may w=
ant to see the animal first, to ensure it hasn&#39;t been shot. Again, it i=
s my understanding that if it&#39;s been shot, you won&#39;t be able to kee=
p it, whether you did the shooting or not. This deters people from shooting=
il_signature" data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature">__________________________=
n dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:mmillard@eastlink.ca" target=3D"_blank"=
uote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1e=
x">Good morning. What a lovely morning it is here. Things are quieting quic=
kly here in White Point at the feeders. Still, though we have a fair bit of=
 traffic.<br>
I have a question I need an answer to. If I find a large bird, say a Gannet=
 or gull, dead on the beach and I want to do something with the body parts,=
 like photograph it and use the feathers, maybe the feet, can I legally hav=
e the bird in my possession? It is a migratory bird so do rules cover getti=
ng a permit or leave the thing lie?<br>
best regards, Marg<br>
White Point Artist, Marg Millard<br>
19 White Point 2 Rd., White Point, Queens Co.,<br>
R.R. # 1 Hunts Point, Nova Scotia<br>
B0T 1G0 Canada (902) 683-2393<br>
LocalArtistMargMillard.ca<br>
By Appointment, please <br>