[NatureNS] eBird breeding codes- countersinging?

From: NancyDowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2018 08:57:20 -0300
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

Wondering what others consider countersinging males on their eBird checklists so far as breeding codes go?

When I hear two songbirds obviously countersinging (obvious to me, at least) I consider this territorial defence and enter it as such on the eBird breeding code list. If there is only one singer I use an S-Singing male And if two or more songsters are obviously just singing to their own beat I also call it an S.

Countersinging requires a subjective judgement on the observer's part so I may be in error here with the breeding code.

Nancy