[NatureNS] NSBS Spring First Arrivals 2018

From: NancyDowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2018 04:39:49 -0300
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

Two very notable species made their first appearance in NS yesterday. Both only a day or so earlier than the past four years. See the SFA table http://nsbirdsociety.ca/library/resources/spring-first-arrivals

Rick Whitman photographed a SPOTTED SANDPIPER on Little River Lake, Kings Co yesterday! I have been waiting for them to appear here and will enjoying their sounds day and night very soon.

Mark Dennis also posted images to the Cape Sable Wildlife Facebook page  of a ROSEATE TERN on CSI yesterday. Their main colony on N Brother I off Pubnico was not successful last season and battered by Fall storms as well. Gull I is now the focus of their nesting activities in that area. Hope for better luck in 2018.

Nancy
E Dalhousie, Kings Co