[NatureNS] Birds

From: NancyDowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2018 18:18:37 -0300
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

Your sighting (hearing) of a Mourning Warbler, along with another in Cumberland Co, yesterday completes the list of Spring First Arrivals for Warblers. Another welcome addition was Nelson’s Sparrow, also appearing yesterday in Digby Co and Rainbow Haven PP. Both these late migrants were more or less on time. See the SFA table here http://nsbirdsociety.ca/library/resources/spring-first-arrivals

Not many spaces left to fill. Some will remain blank due to confusion with overwintering birds. I was hoping the Ibis, seen by Angus, could have been IDed and fill in the space for Glossy Ibis. But the latter is not always a Spring arrival as the blank space last year shows.

We will be going over the whole thing soon checking in with eBird etc. But any corrections you know of will help out.

Nancy