[NatureNS] Birds

From: Angus MacLean <cold_mac@hotmail.com>
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2018 15:46:28 +0000

--_000_BN3PR08MB197076ECA4A28751BFF40FC1FB6E0BN3PR08MB1970namp_

Saturday (May 26) , I had an opportunity to do some birding at P.P. Park (H=
alifax). Lots of birds but difficult to see most of them. The best one was =
a Canada Warbler which sang incessantly just before the rain. It was on the=
 trail just above the gun emplacements. I spent a lot of time trying to get=
 a decent pic of  a female Pileated Woodpecker as it jumped around feeding =
from lower tree trunks to the ground. It's fun watching them go through the=
ir antics. Most likely nesting in the area.
On Sunday (May 27),  there was 1 Canada Warbler and 1 Mourning Warbler sing=
ing along the access road to Blomidon Campground. This was just above the l=
ast sharp turn and along the subsequent straight stretch. Many of the birds=
 only sang once so a frustrating morning!
This morning at Miner's Marsh many people were looking for the Canada Warbl=
er seen yesterday by David Bell (I did not receive the email?). Three peopl=
e seen it this morning but most did not. The thicket at the NW corner of th=
e Marsh was full of birds, many Redstarts, Black-throated Blue Warblers, Bl=
ue-headed Vireos and a variety of others.
Angus

--_000_BN3PR08MB197076ECA4A28751BFF40FC1FB6E0BN3PR08MB1970namp_

<head>
1">
ttom:0;} </style>
</head>
 color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
Saturday (May 26) , I had an opportunity to do some birding at P.P. Park (H=
alifax). Lots of birds but difficult to see most of them. The best one was =
a Canada Warbler which sang incessantly just before the rain. It was on the=
 trail just above the gun emplacements.
 I spent a lot of time trying to get a decent pic of&nbsp; a female Pileate=
d Woodpecker as it jumped around feeding from lower tree trunks to the grou=
nd. It's fun watching them go through their antics. Most likely nesting in =
the area.<br>
 color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
On Sunday (May 27),&nbsp; there was 1 Canada Warbler and 1 Mourning Warbler=
 singing along the access road to Blomidon Campground. This was just above =
the last sharp turn and along the subsequent straight stretch. Many of the =
birds only sang once so a frustrating
 morning!</div>
 color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
This morning at Miner's Marsh many people were looking for the Canada Warbl=
er seen yesterday by David Bell (I did not receive the email?). Three peopl=
e seen it this morning but most did not. The thicket at the NW corner of th=
e Marsh was full of birds, many
 Redstarts, Black-throated Blue Warblers, Blue-headed Vireos and a variety =
of others.</div>
 color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
Angus<br>
 color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">

--_000_BN3PR08MB197076ECA4A28751BFF40FC1FB6E0BN3PR08MB1970namp_--