[NatureNS] Dead Baltimore oriole

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2018 20:06:12 -0300
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--00000000000010ae56056d746847

A sad sight - there is a dead male B.oriole that seems to be attached to
the bottom of a more or less completed nest high up on the outer branches
of our weeping willow. The bird looks intact and I can send photos if
anyone's interested. It's too high up and far out to retrieve. I wonder if
it strangled itself on some nesting material, or broke a wing and starved.
If it was a predator I assume it would have been eaten, and if it died of a
disease it would be on the ground or just remains. As usual most summers
though, there are other B.orioles around, calling and flying near the same
tree, so I'm hoping another pair will nest nearby.

--
#################
Richard Stern,

--00000000000010ae56056d746847

be attached to the bottom of a more or less completed nest high up on the o=
uter branches of our weeping willow. The bird looks intact and I can send p=
hotos if anyone&#39;s interested. It&#39;s too high up and far out to retri=
eve. I wonder if it strangled itself on some nesting material, or broke a w=
ing and starved. If it was a predator I assume it would have been eaten, an=
d if it died of a disease it would be on the ground or just remains. As usu=
al most summers though, there are other B.orioles around, calling and flyin=
g near the same tree, so I&#39;m hoping another pair will nest nearby.<br c=
d Stern, <br>Port Williams, NS, Canada<br><a href=3D"mailto:sternrichard@gm=
ail.com" target=3D"_blank">sternrichard@gmail.com</a><br>##################=

--00000000000010ae56056d746847--